*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/871790-This-and-That
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#871790 added January 26, 2016 at 10:19am
Restrictions: None
This and That
I was in France for the second grade and we had music. I don't remember the teachers face but she taught us these french songs and even translated Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Sometimes these old songs and others I learned in music classes throughout my early eduction come unsolicited to mind and begin to recycle in my awareness. For example on had the line... "Oh hoo hoo, avec mais chapeaux." and other "Sont le pulenie Rougier. " I know I probably misspelled these french words but its been a long time.

Then when my father was transferred to Norfolk Virginia, I attended Meadowbrook Elementary. There we had music and I remember all manner of the song and dance we were taught. For example there was Square Dancing where you were actually encouraged to touch a girl." Two songs that come to mind were "Do you ken John Peal" and "Sweet Betsy from Pike."

Then there were the fights on the playground and after school. These were not so pleasant and the ones on the playground were not as bad because they were over quickly while those after school required you wait several hours and required dealing with the dread of anticipation. However, I must admit these experiences prepared me for the violence of being a soldier.

Last week my wife and I went and saw 13 hours. I recommend it. It is pretty non-political... to the extent that the producers refrained from showing Susan Rice lying about ".... a demonstration that got out of hand, and where President Obama and Secretary Clinton were hanging out when all this was happening and why the military didn't make a decision to act, rather than wringing their hands like a bunch of numbskulls. What the movie showed was the events that took place in Bengazi. What the key political players were up to when wall this was going down remained noticeably absent. To this day we don't know what "The President was disengaged" means and why key people in the Pentagon were required to sign non-disclosure statements and polygraphed monthly to make sure they kept their mouths shut.

It was a low point for the Administration, State Department and Department of Defense.

Well, soon the Country will be rid of Obama. This is not to say that everything he did was necessarily bad but at best his ineptitude, unwillingness to work with others, and dogmatic political and social views really hurt his presidency. His legacy will put him on a rung even lower than President Carter which is too bad because in my view his contributions to Healthcare and the Iran deal had merit. As a Commander in Chief his performance fell well below expectations.

Soon we will have the Primaries in New Hampshire and Iowa. For the Republicans it should narrow the field to Trump, Cruz and Rubio. The problem the Republicans have is that in the last election they promised to do something about the new Healthcare law and except for Cruz did nothing once they got elected except for Cruz who rubbed their noses in it. That is why his fellow Republicans hate him. For the Democrats the outcome is even more portentious.

If Clinton does not do well, it could be she gets thrown under the bus. All promises could be off if she is deemed unelectable. Right now she is viewed as "Untrustworthy" and her ratings keep slipping. Further if the FBI forwards a recommendation to DOJ that she be charged, for disclosures resulting from the email fiasco, that could be endgame for Hillary. If that happens it could be that she drops out.

© Copyright 2016 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/871790-This-and-That