*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872330-Another-month-in-the-Tax-Department
by werden
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1180282
My thoughts about life
#872330 added February 1, 2016 at 2:02pm
Restrictions: None
Another month in the Tax Department
Ah the impossible! How good does it feel when your supervisor after piling umpteen impossible, cannot be done in the time alloted, projects on your desk comes up with yet another one?

This is what happened this morning just when I came in the door. Not a good morning... not a how was your weekend but a 'William we need to talk about California E911' as if I didn't already have to deal with Year-End Closing. (IN Accountese... Year-End Closing is the balance every account to 110% perfection or face the Firing Squad) As if I didn't have to deal with the NORMAL California Return (That lovely monster that takes 4 days to do in of itself) this month.... as if I won't have 4 or 5 projects that will be assigned to my desk because we are 3 people short... as if I didn't have 4 or 5 other projects assigned to MY desk that will probably take 1 - 2 days in of themselves as if I didn't have my NORMAL schedule which on a normal month I can barely do within the time alloted... but add something I've never done before to the pile... Why the heck not?????

And in addition to all that I received a lovely phone call from the State of Arkansas stating that in order to receive credit for returned Tax Stamps we need to enter on the online return in addition to the Signed by the Manager copies we send them anyway. Of course their online return has codes for the appropriate brands which apparently are a state secret since I nor anyone else knows what they are.....

Another starting of the month in the Tax Department......

Who Hoo!!!!!!!

© Copyright 2016 werden (UN: wseerden at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
werden has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872330-Another-month-in-the-Tax-Department