*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873069-February-Prompt-2
by Jen~
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2073596
Blog for this groups entries~will probably be rather interesting!~
#873069 added March 1, 2016 at 5:08am
Restrictions: None
February Prompt #2
2. If you were incapacitated, by illness, accident or old age, how would you cope with being cared for? Would you be able to accept such a situation?

Well this question is a rather interesting one....I have pretty crappy mental and physical health. Last year I was in the hospital 10 times in 6 months, for bowel problems and infections and for blood clots in both lungs. I was soooo sick...these "attack" type things seem to happen every 3 years or so however this last one was the longest lasting one....6 months! Whew it was rough. I was stuck in the hospital, away from my family, sick as hell for days and sometimes a week or more at a time. I had to learn how to ask for more help and learn to not overdue it to much. I was so sick that I literally do not remember days at a time because I was so out of it and so sick. I was at the mercy of the doctors and nurses and they truly had my life in their hands. I remember laying in that hospital bed bawling my eyes out because I was so sick that I thought I was going to die. It is a scary situation but I had to let these people take care of me or else I would not get better. I have had to learn to accept that I have bad health and that I have these problems that are life affecting, making daily life difficult and there is nothing I can do to change them. So I might as well accept them and live with them as best as I can! Not let my mental or physical health control me, but learn to live with it and make it manageable! Getting as sick as I do when these "attacks" happen is scary, each one worse then the last and I really hope that by working towards less stress and a better me, that I can perhaps break the tradition of the attacks! That would be wonderful! Hope for the best is all I can do!



Loving my new fairies!!

© Copyright 2016 Jen~ (UN: jen2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jen~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873069-February-Prompt-2