*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873237-Kindness-and-Nurses
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#873237 added February 10, 2016 at 11:52pm
Restrictions: None
Kindness and Nurses
Prompt: "Carry out a random act of kindness, with no explanation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you." Do you agree?

No, I don’t agree. If one shows kindness to someone, it is for the sake of kindness itself. No reward should be necessary from anyone, even a higher power, at any time.

Frankly speaking, I don’t even like our government’s tax system that gives tax breaks to donations. Granted, the charities get more assistance this way, but it kills the feeling inside the people to do good for goodness’s sake.


Mixed flowers in a basket



Prompt: What person in history would you like to have been?

Florence Nightingale. She and a team of nurses improved the unsanitary conditions at a British base hospital, reducing the death count by two-thirds. She was the lady with the lamp doing night rounds, giving personal attention to the wounded. I also like the fact that she was a strong, willful woman.

I think she started doing something really special. I love nurses, especially the dedicated ones, but I don’t think I could live up to Florence Nightingale's image had I chosen her profession, which is probably one of the hardest, if not the hardest.

Not that there weren’t caregivers earlier, but her name popped up in my head right away when I read the prompt.

© Copyright 2016 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873237-Kindness-and-Nurses