*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873331
Rated: E · Book · Comedy · #2074957
A young, psychotic republican goes to a treatment program, and meets psychotic democrats.
#873331 added February 12, 2016 at 2:42am
Restrictions: None
Estate Tax
On the morning of August 10th 2010, I awoke to a horrible nightmare of my grandfather dying before estate tax would be abolished. That morning, I shared the nightmare with Joe, who accused me of “being a little bitch.” I told Joe that 40% is way to high for estate tax, and Joe told me that it is more than reasonable, and that the only reason I cared was because I can’t be self-sufficient, and would need all of my grandfather’s money to be able to hire social workers to take care of me. I pointed out how I was more self-sufficient than Joe, since Joe did nothing but sleep all day; and after that statement, Joe accused me of denying my mental retardation. I went on a speech about how it was wrong to take money away from people who worked so hard to earn it; and how if you take their money away, their great-grandchildren will no longer be able to attend Cornell without having to work; and after talking about how the government has no right to take my money when they don’t spend it prudently, I expressed my views more blatantly than ever before: “If you can’t afford it, use a coat hanger.” After finishing my speech about deprivation, I began singing, “We are the world, we are the children. We are the ones who make a brighter day, so let’s start giving.” Winfield Miott and Dr. Butler came into the living room, and joined me in singing, “It’s a choice we’re making. We’re saving our own lives. It’s true we make a better day, just you and me. Dr. Mathems and Dr. Gore walked in at the end, and the six of us sang, “We are the world, we are the children. We are the ones who make a brighter day, so let’s start giving. It’s a choice we’re making. We’re saving our own lives. It’s true we make a better day, just you and me.”
© Copyright 2016 Cory Snyder (UN: coolboy007 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cory Snyder has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873331