*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873339
Rated: E · Book · Comedy · #2074957
A young, psychotic republican goes to a treatment program, and meets psychotic democrats.
#873339 added February 12, 2016 at 2:45am
Restrictions: None
The Meeting With Kyle Poy
On October 7th, 2011, Kyle Poy had asked me to come meet him at his office in Polly House, so the two of us could become further acquainted. Upon entering the office, Kyle told me that he needed to briefly meet with another student – and since that student was in S.A., Kyle had to put her first, since he was the SA coordinator. Upon sitting on a bench outside of Kyle’s office, I noticed Chelsea entering his office, crying. I decided to sit near the door, and listen to what was going on:
“Chelsea, what is the matter?”
“I can’t take what morons the staff members are.”
“What invokes that statement?”
“Lily was keeping me up all night by yelling at someone on the phone, and this morning when I went to complain to Dr. Linkins about how she should be thrown out of here, due to the fact she is too deficient for the world, he pointed out how people could just as easily go after me for my drug problems.
“Ok, that was a little insensitive of Dr. Linkins, but why…….
“Insensitive! Lily was throwing a tamper tantrum at the age of 22; I was done with tamper tantrums by the time I was three, since I knew my parents would literally not tolerate them. I was forced into ballet and soccer, starting when I was two; from kindergarten on, I was forced to spend every moment of every day doing homework, when I wasn’t dancing or kicking a soccer ball; throughout middle school, I had to get all As in order to be allowed to sleep in a bed; once I got accepted into Andover, when I was 14, my parents told me that if I ever got less than an A, I would be put in an orphanage, which I don’t if they would have done in retrospect, but it scared me into studying; and when I finally got accepted into Columbia, they threatened to disinherit me if I ever got a B. When I finally decided to take the chance of getting a B, and go to a frat party instead, I may have snorted cocaine, in which my parents – having potentially had a spark of guilt after driving me into drugs – were nice enough to merely send me to a wilderness therapy program in Hawaii. I’m not saying I’m justified; I’m saying that if Lily had grown up in my house, she would’ve been murdered the moment she raised her voice to my parents, and I’m not exaggerating; they would’ve been willing to go to jail over murdering her.
Upon hearing that statement, Tori noticed me listening through the door, and she ordered me to stop. Five minutes later, Chelsea left the office, not content, but her crying had ceased. Kyle called me to come into the office, and, being as subservient as I am, I obeyed.
“HARRY, I spoke with Adam, and he told me that used asked a Chris about where you could go to get marijuana.”
“I want to try it!”
“HARRY, as you know, you are not allowed to use drugs while you are a student here at Great Ascendency. If you think drugs are going to make you look cool; asking for drugs makes you look like a total dork. So, it’s like I’ve told you: ”Don’t use drugs here; don’t ask for drugs when you leave here; and you will eventually get cannabis.”
“Why is it that people only pay attention to the negative things that I do?”
“What are you talking about?”
“When you noticed me giving that handicapped guy a push in his wheelchair, in Morni Square, no one noticed.”
“I did, and I told Dr. Duncan about it. Harry, if you want positive attention, you need to spend more time doing good, and almost never do bad.”
“Thanks for the advice!”
“That’s what I’m here for!”
“What made you come to work here?”
“In order for me to fully recovery, I have to help others.”
“How long have you been clean for?”
“20 years! As a child, I endured sexual abuse from my mother and different authority figures throughout my life, and, after a while, I just couldn’t take the pain anymore. Harry, why do you think people use drugs?”
“Because they can afford them!”
“That explains how they can get them, but it doesn’t explain why they use them. People get driven to using drugs by traumatic events, and they are very sensitive towards the subject.”
“There are a lot of awesome people who I know that use drugs.”
“Harry, you are often such an asshole that no one is going to open their feelings up to you. Listen more, talk less, and you might understand that not everyone is who you think that they are.”


© Copyright 2016 Cory Snyder (UN: coolboy007 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cory Snyder has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873339