*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873342
Rated: E · Book · Comedy · #2074957
A young, psychotic republican goes to a treatment program, and meets psychotic democrats.
#873342 added February 12, 2016 at 2:46am
Restrictions: None
Richard Droopus

On October 8th, 2010, Richard Droopus (20) came to Great Ascendency. Richard was very short; had orange hair and the face of a 40-year-old man. Richard had previously been in a group home in his home state of New Hampshire, and his parents decided to send him to Great Ascendency. I don’t know what was going on in Dr. Linkins head when he took him in, but I know that enrolment at Great Ascendency was dwindling.
Despite the fact he was severely autistic, he didn’t do anything to piss anyone off, so no one was mean to him. Despite how I despised the mentally inferior at the same, Richard had a charm that made me want to be around him. I remember at Barnes and Noble, Mary got mad at me for showing Richard porn, claiming I was corrupting a pure soul.
After the first week, Richard continued to do nothing, but sit on his computer all day. He and Joe had fun playing Starcraft together, but he didn’t have much of a relationship with anyone else. For some reason, Dr. Linkins was the only one who I ever saw enthusiastic about his long-term prognosis.
I finally got mad at him when, since we were both his clients, Dr. Linkins brought both of us into his office for a joint-therapy session, in which we were supposed to help each other with out social skills. After Richard left, Dr. Linkins gave me a lecture about how Richard could help me with my social skills. Feeling so degraded, I turned to Dr. Linkins, and made him a little angry when I said, “Your retarded clients helping me is an insult to my status as a person.”
© Copyright 2016 Cory Snyder (UN: coolboy007 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cory Snyder has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873342