*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873344
Rated: E · Book · Comedy · #2074957
A young, psychotic republican goes to a treatment program, and meets psychotic democrats.
#873344 added February 15, 2016 at 3:48pm
Restrictions: None
Walking with Monica
On October 12, 2010, while heading to the OPO for community process, I noticed Monica and Jackie walking in the rain, so I offered both of them his umbrella, in which they accepted. Upon the end of the meeting, I once again offered them the umbrella, but Jackie was heading in an opposite direction than the houses, so only Monica agreed. During the walk, the two of us had a lovely talk:
“So, other then working out, what else do you like to do for fun?”
“Read, run, and do yoga, but my favorite activity is going to see musicals: I’ve seen Grease, Spamalot, and my favorite is Hair.”
“Where do I go, follow the river? Where do I go, follow the song?”
“I can tell you must be a huge Broadway buff.”
“I liked all of those. All of the musicals that I’ve both seen and liked: the ones you mentioned, West Side Story, The Phantom of the Opera, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Rent, Wicked, Hairspray, The Producers, My Fair Lady, The Sound of Music, Avenue Q, La Coux Aux Folles, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, The King and I, Sweeney Todd, and my favorite is, of course, Les Miserables. At first, I thought the only two things that you and I both had in common were that we’re both like working out and we’re the only two students currently taking classes at ONCC, but I was wrong.”
“You are lucky; when you spent your teen years in a baleful treatment center, you don’t have a lot of opportunities to have fun.”
“What happened? Sorry, that was inappropriate.
“When I was 14, I had an argument with my dad, in which I confronted him of being a douche bag, and I got sent to a therapeutic boarding school in Idaho for three years; it was hell.”
“I am sorry to hear that.”
“It’s fine, except I have to be nice to my dad, since he pays for me to go here.”
“So, are you into history at all?”
“Yes, I am a huge fan of the 1960’s.”
“I’m pretty sure you are into the greatest college professor who’s ever lived: Timothy Leary?”
“Yes!”
“I found a really good documentary in that guy.”
“Maybe we could watch it together.”
“Sure, any idea when?”
“Come over tonight a 6.”
“Ok, I will be there.”
“It is not a date, but we will be hanging out.”
“I am looking forward to our get-together.”
“So am I! Oh, and don’t get all dressed up for me, will you?


© Copyright 2016 Cory Snyder (UN: coolboy007 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cory Snyder has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873344