*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873365
Rated: E · Book · Comedy · #2074957
A young, psychotic republican goes to a treatment program, and meets psychotic democrats.
#873365 added February 21, 2016 at 6:22pm
Restrictions: None
The Repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”
On June 19th, 2009, Rep. Jason Altmire (D-PA-4) introduced House Bill 2965, which would repeal “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell”: the law that bars gays from serving in the military. The Committee On Small Business amended House Bill 2965 on June 26th 2009; and the Committee on Science and Technology further amended the bill on July 7th, 2009. The next day, the bill was introduced on the House Floor, in which it was passed (386-41.) On July 13th, 2009, House Bill 2965 made its way to the senate, where it was unanimously passed. After a year of wrangling, President Obama passed the bill on December 22nd, 2010, and The United States Supreme Court approved of the bill that day, with all nine judges approving it, making it law.
As I was waiting for the taxi to pick me up to take me to Salt Lake City International Airport, so I could fly home, I read about it CNN’s website. I pointed out how the law was so unfair. I cited that there were two things that gays would be allowed to do in the military: Shower in front of other men and masturbate in front of other men. I pointed out to Joe and Adam, who were sitting next to him, that I would love to be able to do those things if he were surrounded by girls, but I knew that my penis would be discovered in a garbage can 10 miles away. Joe started berating me for being homophobic, while I just sat there and laughed. When I noticed his taxi was outside, I told Joe to commit suicide over the break, and I departed to go back home.
© Copyright 2016 Cory Snyder (UN: coolboy007 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cory Snyder has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873365