*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873380
Rated: E · Book · Comedy · #2074957
A young, psychotic republican goes to a treatment program, and meets psychotic democrats.
#873380 added February 12, 2016 at 2:59am
Restrictions: None
The Unlikely Friendship
What draws people together isn’t who is good looking, as opposed to who isn’t; or who knows whom Joseph Goebbels is, as opposed to who doesn’t: What brings people together is when they want something from the other. When it comes to marriage, women are looking for some type of security, whether it is physical or financial, and you know very well what men are looking for. What is often true, though, is that if two interesting people of different nature are placed along with an abundance of degenerates, the two of them will often form a friendship. If Ronald Regan and Jimmy Carter were forced to live in a group home, the two would actually end up becoming best friends for the time being.
Adam and I were very different; he was a skater, while I was a nerd. The scums of the earth surrounded the two of us, and that meant the two of us only had each other for social interaction. The two of us went from only hanging out with each other for that reason to actually being good friends.
One day, all of the guys at Great Ascendency had gone to the park to play ultimate frisbee. One of the teams consisted of Adam and I, while the other team consisted of the rest of the guys in the program. Adam started off on the other end of the field, and threw the Frisbee to me, who then immediately threw it to Adam, while I proceeded to run towards the goal; and Adam threw the Frisbee again to me, thus scoring, thus being undefeated for 10 points. Following the victory, I decided to tackle Adam, and was almost victorious in doing so, until Adam put my neck into a chokehold; I didn’t surrender until my face turned purple.
Over dinner at Lugi’s, Adam and I decided to discuss the flaws of Great Ascendency. We both agreed on many factors: such as the fact that all that needed to happen for Joe to change, was to actually have his computer taken away, so he won’t be playing it all night, thus sleeping all day; how unfair it was that so many of the staff members were less competent than the students, and how it was a predicament to their treatment; and they finally discussed how much of the program, such as the long boring seminars, were merely a waste of people’s time, and how it was merely a way for the program to claim it was helping people, when in reality, it wasn’t.
Adam had gotten tired of living at Great Ascendency housing, so he decided to stay with Mary every single night. When the program staff used to ask me about Adam’s whereabouts, I used to make up excuses for where Adam was. There were also times where Adam and Mary were alone upstairs, and I would lie by saying they were out of the house. Both of them had lost respect for the program, which had begun when they both had realized that the program could have prevented Clovis from attacking Jared, and the respect continued to decrease daily.
One night, We went to a local bar to play billiards. I was up $50 at one time, while Adam would later be up $70; and in the end, I was victorious with $1.00. The two of us made a bunch of different jokes about other students; I turned to Adam and exclaimed, “LILY, IT IS ME, HARRY, CARE TO HANG OUT?,” in which Adam exclaimed, “I MISS YOUR BOOBIES SO MUCH.”
Mary and I were both proficient tennis players. I had almost won 40-30, but then Mary got a point, making the game a deuce. The two of us rotated in terms of who had AV. Adam had no experience with tennis but decided to join in, when Mary had the advantage point. I underestimated Adam; and even though Adam did a poor job of hitting the ball, it still made it into the court, and I was too late to return it, so Mary and Adam won the game.
Adam had excelled at Great Ascendency, thus allowing him to complete the program in only 7 months, as opposed to me, since I had continued getting my ass in serious trouble. Adam’s graduation ceremony occurred on March 8th, 2011, and Adam’s parents had decided to fly all of the way from Denver to attend Adam’s celebration; I had a wonderful conversation, in which I charmed Adam’s father with my knowledge of British history, since that was Adam’s father’s favorite area of study. I gave a speech at Adams graduation about the impact that I felt our friendship had on each other. Julius had decided to show up at the graduation, merely to infuriate the staff, in which he was wearing a suit that he had borrowed from a friend; and Kyle Poy whispered something to Winfield Miott, which caused Winfield to grab Julius, and escort him out of the building. There was an amazing reception, in which many people in the SA community attended, including Adam’s sponsor, Bob.
Adam was staying in outpatient, so even though he had his own place, he had to still abide by rules in which the program set for him. It is so much better, since one who is in outpatient lives in an apartment instead of with the people. Adam had enjoyed being around me, and the two of us would continue the friendship when Adam was in outpatient. I then departed on a skiing trip in California after his graduation.
© Copyright 2016 Cory Snyder (UN: coolboy007 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cory Snyder has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873380