*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873409
Rated: E · Book · Comedy · #2074957
A young, psychotic republican goes to a treatment program, and meets psychotic democrats.
#873409 added February 12, 2016 at 3:12am
Restrictions: None
Internship With Local Assemblyman
I was looking for something to do for Summer 2011, since classes at Oliver North Community College had ended. I had looked for jobs at Wal-Mart, Best Buy, K-mart, Sears, Belks, McDonalds, Gap, Abercrombie, JC Penny, and Walgreens, but all of the good jobs were taken. I had thought about summer courses, but realized that most of them required sitting in a room for a 3 hours a day. I had thought about becoming a pimp, but immediately diminished that idea, realizing that the hookers would beat me.
I was speaking with Dr. Linkins about how I had been looking for political work, but had a hard time finding any positions for republicans in town. Dr. Linkins told me that he had an old friend, Katie Hall, who was the legislative assistant for the state senator. I thought that sounded interesting, and asked Dr. Linkins to give her a call. Dr. Linkins later gave me her cell phone number, so I could call her up, and schedule an appointment. I scheduled an appointment with Katie Hall for the next day.
On June 8th, 2011, I showed up for the interview in a full suit. Katie explained to me what Senator Maggie Fly was like, and what the internship would entail. Katie told me the truth, which is that I would spend a lot of time doing remedial tasks, such as vacuuming the floor and mailing letters for the senator. I thought that I should have started off with a glamorous position, but he remembered that those feelings often get him into trouble. I also knew that this would look really good for college, not matter what I did. I agreed to take on the role as being her intern.
I had gotten himself in a lot of trouble in the past with trying to impress people. Because of this, I decided not to try to impress Senator Maggie or Katie, and just let time take its essence for them to make a judgment about me and my behavior.
I eventually got my chance to impress the two. I had to write a letter for Maggie under her name, since she didn’t have time, and that would become a permanent job of mine. I became the senator’s photographer, after I used his phone to take pictures at a Medicaid dental clinic. I would eventually get to go on to meet famous people like Senator Orrin Hatch. I also got to sit in on meetings with Maggie meeting with constituents.
I excelled at his internship, and would continue to work there for the rest of his stay at Great Ascendency. Tommy was happy that he had sent a student to work for one of his old friends in politics; it was what he had originally hoped when he established his program back in 1985. I was very thankful to Tom for the opportunity that he helped him obtain.
© Copyright 2016 Cory Snyder (UN: coolboy007 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cory Snyder has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873409