*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873411
Rated: E · Book · Comedy · #2074957
A young, psychotic republican goes to a treatment program, and meets psychotic democrats.
#873411 added April 2, 2016 at 2:33am
Restrictions: None
A Really Stupid Person
On June 10th, 2011, Jeremy received transition status and thus moved into the transition house. We both got into conflict. Jeremy would never flush the toilet, and would claim that it was due to the fact that, “It needs time to soggy up.” Jeremy would also leave the door open when he went to the bathroom, and I would yell at him for it. Jeremy once shouted at me for accidently leaving a bag of pretzels out, and I told him that he should clean up after himself for once.
Jeremy didn’t understand boundaries. On June 12th, 2011, there was a dinner at Polly House. I told George, during the dinner, that he should be more involved; Jeremy intervened by trying to diagnose me with autism, without understanding that it wasn’t his call; and I decided to confront him at house group.
“Jeremy, why did you accuse me of having autism?”
“You do!”
“Jeremy, I have ADHD!”
“No, you have autism.”
“What gives you the right to make that call?”
“Because I read, and I can tell you have autism; you are in denial.”
“It isn’t your call.”
“Well, someone needs to tell you, and clearly your parents haven’t.”
“Don’t talk to me about my parents; Casey Anthony would make for a better parent than a bipolar loser like you.”
“You also seem to suffer from Schizophrenia.”
“Jeremy, Harry doesn’t seem to be acknowledging you.”
“Well maybe I need to talk louder.”
“SHUT UP, YOU f***ING RETARD!”
“OK, HARRY, BE QUIET.”
John Butler brought is into his office to solve the conflict, in which Jeremy couldn’t provide a good reason for trying to diagnose me, and Dr. Butler told him that it wasn’t a big deal. During that meeting, I exclaimed, “At the end of the second Godfather movie, at his mother’s funeral, Michael forgives his brother, Fraedo, for having betrayed the family for a second time; and even though he forgave him, he still had a few hard feelings. I am the exact same way.” Later that week, the two of us had another argument, and I told Jeremy that I wished he would die, which would lead to another conversation.
“Harry, I want to confront you on threatening to kill me.”
“I didn’t threaten to kill you; I just said that I wish you were dead.”
“Well, it is the exact same concept.”
“NO IT ISN’T.”
“Harry, listen!”
“The last time I threatened to kill someone, I was sent to a mental hospital, and I don’t want you to go to a mental hospital also. “
“I DON’T NEED YOUR ADVICE.”
“Harry, you need to work on your listening skills.”
“You need to work on not being retarded.”
“HARRY, LEAVE.”
© Copyright 2016 Cory Snyder (UN: coolboy007 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cory Snyder has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873411