*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873445
Rated: E · Book · Comedy · #2074960
Learn how Harry Johnson's fate ends
#873445 added February 15, 2016 at 8:21pm
Restrictions: None
The Kingsville Diner
On September 3rd, 2011, Winfield Reese asked me if I would like to go with him to The Kingsville Diner – a cheap diner right across the street from Polly House – and I agreed. While there, the two of us had a conversation:
“So Harry, I really am impressed with how well you’ve behaved recently.
“Thanks! With reflecting on decisions I made in the past, it is becoming easier to move on.”
“So, have you decided what happened that made you do the s*** you pulled?
“I reflected on the story of my life.”
“What’s that?”
“In West Philadelphia, I was born as raised. On the playground is where I spent most of my days.”
“Bull s***! Oh, don’t ever even think of insulting Will Smith like that again, got it?”
“C’mon, art imitates life. Winfield you’ve seen House Party, right?”
“I love that movie.”
“I think it has the greatest movie ending of all time. The reason I bring that movie up is because I wanted to ask if your parents were the inspiration for the dad is that movie.””
“My mom is the one who conducted all of the ass whoopings, so she was the dad in house party.”
“So, why can’t I be like Will Smith?”
“It is all about accuracy. You were born with the Bel-Air culture; you didn’t move there after you got into one little fight and your mom got scared.”
“You and I are a lot alike. If only you and I had gone to high school together.
Winfield: No offense, but with the s*** you pulled, I probably would’ve have only been nice enough to not beat you up when everyone else would’ve.”
Like I told you, “Harry, with the s*** you used to pull, you have been treated as well as any person would have.”
“So, we wouldn’t have even played video game together?”
“No offense, but I might have taken you up on the offer to come over to play whatever video games you had. Growing up, all I had was an old NES; due to the fact money was tight.”
“I thought you told me you were middle-class.”
“Video games are expensive; and so is electricity. Harry, like I said, instead of just giving money to charity, why not go to a homeless shelter, so you can actually see what life is like for other people.”
“I have to think about it.”
Despite the fact that staff and students were not allowed to hang out outside of Great Ascendency, no one really seemed to care. Technically, the rules never completely applied to Winfield Reese – such as how male staff members were not supposed to be house managers in the girls’ houses, but that never seemed to ever stop Winfield from being given the position. Maybe I felt that by emulating Winfield, I could also be in a situation where the rules would no longer apply to me.
© Copyright 2016 Cory Snyder (UN: coolboy007 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cory Snyder has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873445