*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873568-February-Prompt-15
by Jen~
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2073596
Blog for this groups entries~will probably be rather interesting!~
#873568 added March 1, 2016 at 5:19am
Restrictions: None
February Prompt #15
15. What has been the best purchase of your life?

It was a year and a half ago, on July 2nd, when my youngest daughter Raegan and I were on our way to pick my fiance Steve up from work. We were running about 30 minutes early so I decided that we would swing by the animal shelter....simply just wanting to kill some time. We go in and go to the back and all the dogs are barking and it is so loud that Raegan kind of gets nervous so we start making our way back to the front so we can exit. As we get to the door, to my right is 4 cages, in the top right is the dirty, long tangled hair, matted raggedy looking little dog. She walked to the door of her cage, made eye contact with me and rested her head against the cage....my heart flip flopped...I was instantly drawn to this little dirty dog with the most loving eyes I have ever seen. We have the lady get her out and we take her up front where it is more quiet...I sit down on the floor and this dog climbs into my lap instantly. Raegan and I are petting her and asking the lady who works there what the story was on her. They said she was found running the streets and that she was 3 days away from being put down. I asked why, and they said that since she was older, 3-4 years old, and that they were over ran with animals, they only held older, mixed breed basically mutt dogs for a certain amount of time...and this dogs time was almost up. They closed at 5pm which is when I was supposed to pick Steve up, so I convinced her to stay open so I could go get him and bring him to see her...I needed him to see her and hopefully fall in love like I did and let me have her! Raegan and I zoomed to pick him up right away! On the way Raegan said that if we are allowed to have the dog that we should name it Zoey..hmmm...it kind of just fit...so I picked Steve up and zoomed back to the shelter. He came in and come to find out the lady who runs it is a close friend of his! Yay I thought LoL...so they brought the dog out and Steve was petting her, you could tell she had been through a rough time in her short life. It took him one time of looking over at this dog sitting in my lap just staring up at me in awed love and he started filling out the paperwork to adopt her! I had no idea how much I needed her, and oh how she needed me. ZOEY, is my best friend, my furbaby...I talk to her all the time about everything lol she is the best listener...she goes kayaking, fishing, road tripping, rafting, camping...everywhere we go, she goes! She is always by my side no matter what...as I type this right now, she is laying right next to me snoozing away!

Come to find out that the name Zoey supposedly means "Life"...hmmm rather ironic don't you think...we saved her life 3 days before they were going to put her down and her name means life..and she has changed mine so much. She is like a therapy dog to me, she knows when I am down and need her...she will comfort me and she can sense things. She is the best dog ever, she listens and is so smart and catches on to things quick. We can tell that she had a rough life before us..she is terrified of gun shots, fireworks, thunder, bonfire crackling, loud machines, nail guns...we think that someone tied her up to a tree or doghouse outside and she was around all that stuff and basically tortured. She has gotten a lot better as time has passed some, she knows that we would never hurt her or hit her...it took her awhile before she didn't freak out when I pulled out a hanger to hang a shirt while doing laundry....she was scared as if she thought I would hit her with it...after awhile though she has learned that life with us is NOTHING like what she went through. We love her and spoil her rotten..I even carry around a pop up dog bowl and a bottle of water in my purse with me at all times Ha Ha!!

ZOEY was the best thing that I ever spent money on...and it was the best $70.00 I have ever spent!!


Gift from a wonderful friend!

© Copyright 2016 Jen~ (UN: jen2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jen~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873568-February-Prompt-15