*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873686-Sunday-Snippets
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#873686 added February 14, 2016 at 1:18pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday Snippets
The following are the few quotes that made me think during the recent few days. I figured I'd enter them in my blog.


tiny heart On Love: tiny heart

I think this is the subject which evokes the strongest and yet most varied ideas and thoughts that sometimes clash.

“As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”
John Green

“Anyone who falls in love is searching for the missing pieces of themselves. So anyone who’s in love gets sad when they think of their lover. It’s like stepping back inside a room you have fond memories of, one you haven’t seen in a long time.”
Haruki Murakami

“I do not trust people who don’t love themselves and yet tell me, ‘I love you.’ There is an African saying which is: Be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt.”
Maya Angelou

“Perhaps the reason we are unable to love is that we yearn to be loved, that is, we demand something (love) from our partner instead of delivering ourselves up to him demand-free and asking for nothing but his company.”
Milan Kundera

Mixed flowers in a basket


Importance of Action:
“In the beginning was the Word.” Western civilization rests upon those words. And yet there’s a lively group of thinkers who believe that in the beginning was the ACT. That nothing can precede action—no breath before act, no pervasive love before some kind of act.”
Mary Ruefle

Mixed flowers in a basket


On Friendship:
“Otters sleep floating on their backs, sometimes holding paws with their friends so they don’t drift apart.”
Reader’s Digest - February 2016

Mixed flowers in a basket


About the belief usually pushed on writers as “Write what you know”:
"Sometimes, you can use a particular experience as a start point in your story, but many times, you'll find yourself holding on to the "reality" of the experience because you want to be "true " to the situation or incident. And you've got to let the "reality" go so you can dramatize it effectively. "Who did what" and "Where it happened" usually end up as a thin story with little or no dramatic value."
Syd Field--The Screenwriter's Workbook… Where the Writer Begins, Page 8

© Copyright 2016 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873686-Sunday-Snippets