*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873809-February-Prompt-24
by Jen~
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2073596
Blog for this groups entries~will probably be rather interesting!~
#873809 added March 1, 2016 at 5:26am
Restrictions: None
February Prompt #24
24. Who / what do you see when you look in the mirror?

Ugh Ok so these prompts really get me thinking...deep thoughts.

Well let's see...I have VERY low self esteem and confidence and I suffer from physical and mental health problems.

That being said.....When I look in the mirror...it is never a good thing. I hear all the put downs I have been told over the years come flooding out when I gaze at myself. "Your ugly, fat, useless, worthless..blah blah" So honestly, looking in the mirror in NOT a favorite thing of mine to do at all. On my GOOD and UP days it can be tolerable....I can look in the mirror and feel okay...but on my BAD and DOWN days..oh geez...I might as well just be in a room with all the people who have said all these things to me, listening to each one put me down, time after time.

By doing this blog and especially my Give It 100, I am slowly learning to try to silence those bad thoughts...I am slowly learning that I am NOT like the things they say..I am one of the good people! It is hard to reteach yourself to UNLEARN things...after so many times of hearing them and so many years of believing them...it is a lot of work to undo what has been done.

BUT...I am trying and that is the first step! Right!! I am learning that these negative things that cause me to flinch and fear a mirror, are WRONG! I am not worthless or useless!! I have lots to offer in life and I am a kind, loving, honest, loyal, trusting, giving and generous person. I am not a bad person...the people that have made me believe these things my whole life though...whew..THEY are the BAD ones!!

Gift from a wonderful friend!

© Copyright 2016 Jen~ (UN: jen2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jen~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873809-February-Prompt-24