*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874517-Pride-and-Prejudice-Background-Marriage-Property
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1973909
Stories and other items for Valentines Day, Victorian Romance and Jane Austen Writing.
#874517 added February 21, 2016 at 5:29pm
Restrictions: None
Pride and Prejudice: Background, Marriage, Property
Prompt: Pride and Prejudice: Background: marriage and property in Austen's time, soldiers and militia men, Courtship

Pride and Prejudice. The Bennetts weren't rich but they were at the bottom of the ton but had a big nice house and were invited to balls and allowed to be part of the ton but were like the poor relation. A mother trying to marry off her daughters to rich, handsome men and no one really liked Mrs. Bennett. The younger daughters wanted military men.

The daughters were married and provided a dowry to the groom. Whether it was land, money, maybe horses or just inherit the parents land after their death. Courtships were short. Love happened at the balls and sometimes, love didn't happen at all. It was a marriage of convience. Things worked out for Jane and Charles Bingley. They fell in love. So did Darcy and Elizabeth. Darcy seemed liked the perfect man and you remember Darcy before you do Bingley.

It would be hard to have to be a lady, mind your manners and do what your parents ask you to do about marriage. I would want to love the person I marry like I did in my life. Jane lived this time period and was able to write from this. Did she know the Bennett sisters or women like them? Was Cassandra, her sister, like Jane was to Elizabeth?

You learn about Regency times by reading Jane's novels. I have anyway. I can't imagine if you were out with a man at a ball and gone too long, people thought your reputation was ruined. I would have had a hard time being a lady back then.

I like the thoughts of romance back then, balls, Pemberly and thinking about England. Darcy. I think of Jane Austen, Darcy comes to mind. Pride and Prejudice, Darcy and Pemberly and Elizabeth are favorites of mine. Thank you, Jane. I have to wonder. Who did Caroline Bingley, Mary and Kitty marry? I would like to have seen these ladies have romances. I have wrote my own stories on this. Why do I like Pride and Prejudice? Darcy. Need I say more?

Picture of Mr. Darcy.
** Image ID #2058095 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2016 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874517-Pride-and-Prejudice-Background-Marriage-Property