*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874695-Line-Dancing-Progress
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#874695 added February 23, 2016 at 1:53pm
Restrictions: None
Line Dancing Progress
         We missed a week because of snow and the school buildings were closed. Tonight, I could see the class had lost momentum. I barely got there in time, so I ended up in a different spot. I watched different people when I was turned away from the teacher. I could see several other people were missing steps, too. Maybe not as much as me. But I keep going through it.

         It still burns me up that so many people way beyond the beginning level are in the class. They complain when we have to keep repeating a routine. When the teacher said "We have 5 minutes left, what would you like to go over?", someone said the waltz. (Yes, you can line dance a waltz.) Two women at my end giggled, "They want to review the easiest one." Well, maybe that's why they wanted to review it. I know in my mind, I'm glad to have one I can keep up with, and repeat the routines. You can finish the class with a bit of confidence. At least I'm moving and I can feel my heart rate up after a few with music.

         We learned a new one tonight, called the Tequila Boom Boom. The song was in Spanish. VirtualDJ.com allows you to adjust the speed. After going through it on slow, I thought it needed a lot of work. Actually, it turns out that doing the steps quickly actually flows better. If I could do it 2 or 3 times a week, I'm sure I'd remember which foot to start on each time you turn around.

         I won't be downloading VirtualDJ. My computer is a desktop in a room with no room for dancing. And it is sluggish at best. It doesn't need another program slowing it down. I'm not going to make line dancing a new hobby or obsession. But I will be able to join "women without husbands" at wedding receptions on the dance floor. And it gets me exercising in the winter months before the yard work begins.


© Copyright 2016 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874695-Line-Dancing-Progress