*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874809-Ta-Nehisi-Coates
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2040797
My now and again blog of ideas, notifications, and superfluous randomness.
#874809 added February 24, 2016 at 10:12am
Restrictions: None
Ta-Nehisi Coates
I greatly respect Toni Morrison's opinion.  When she said that "Between The World And Me" by Ta-Nehisi Coates was required reading, I read it.

Reality, in all of its aspects, is circular.  If you combine the circles of human history and cause and effect you can easily see the drama of mankind unfold before your eyes.  Now limit this to American History and you can understand Coatse's  abstractions.  Place 'FEAR' at one point on the circle.  Place 'ANGER' at another point on the circle.  Observe how no matter which direction you travel around the 'Reality Circle', from present to past, past to present, future to present, or present to future; as you go round and round the circle, at one point anger is ALWAYS the cause of fear, while at another point fear is ALWAYS the cause of anger.  I'll leave it up to you to fill in whatever emotions you care to, between anger and fear.  Black or white, "Between The World And Me" will bring up emotions that you probably never thought much about before.

I highly recommend it.

© Copyright 2016 Geoff (UN: rennur at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Geoff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874809-Ta-Nehisi-Coates