*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875384-Her-Birthday-Went-Up-In-Flames
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#875384 added February 29, 2016 at 11:48pm
Restrictions: None
Her Birthday Went Up In Flames
         Yesterday was my niece's birthday. I made a cake in case she came to the house. I had to work until evening. Both nieces, their husbands, and kids came, as did two of my brothers and a 3 year old nephew. My dad, of course, was here to entertain them while I was out. They stayed late to see me for at least a few minutes. The birthday girl stayed a little longer because of her daughter who didn't want to go. I was holding her 4 month old baby. They were anxious to go. They had to feed the baby chickens they had only had a few days. The dogs, really good dogs, had been inside all afternoon, and had to be let out. They live about 25 minutes away.

         When they got home, hey discovered the house was on fire. Both dogs, a pit bull and a Great Dane had died, along with the chicks. I'm sorry about losing their house, the toys, the furnishings. But I keep crying about those dogs and chickens. How cruel a death. They were beautiful, obedient, friendly dogs. They were their babies before they had human babies. What an awful way for them to die.

         The two year old can't understand why she can't go to her house, or get her toys or clothes. My niece and her husband are grieving for the loss of their animals which he had to bury himself. I can't stop thinking about those poor dogs suffering.

© Copyright 2016 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875384-Her-Birthday-Went-Up-In-Flames