*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875816
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2043612
The Light Of June Inspires Hope, Generosity and Love - Unions Are Formed - Life Abounds
#875816 added March 18, 2016 at 12:27pm
Restrictions: None
June Light Decrease In March 1
As I choose to decrease my ambitions, inhibitions and vision for my self in honor of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is perhaps the best time of all to ask questions. Yes. I have my doubts. But in my asking my questions, my assumptions become clear and I shift my question to more fully understand my Master and Creator. I was taught that it was impertinent to ask questions. The world affirmed this by railing against my questions as though I had no right. Worse. There would be the rolling of the eyes and a chilly ignoring of my inquiry. I withered inside and became the sullen sort who spends life looking at their feet. I found a lot of coins dropped on the ground, but was a shadow in the company of those who confidently stormed the heavens with their bleating questions.

I then shrunk from my obligation to make inquiry of the Lord for as C.S. Lewis put it:

     "We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us;
     we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be."


Now I know the pain that I suffered in my questions wasn't rejection or affirmation that "asking questions is impertinent" it was in fact a way to grow up out of my humiliation. Instead of trying to please people with my reticence I should ask them why they believe what they believe. I should ask them about their exit plans for when they leave their "temples" behind. I should ask what they think their status with God is. Because if I don't, I'm just a shadow in the room with those whose confidence may be truly misplaced.

I will consider Jeremiah 12:1 & 2


(1) You are always righteous, Lord,
when I bring a case before you.
Yet I would speak with you about your justice:
Why does the way of the wicked prosper?
Why do all the faithless live at ease?

(2) You have planted them, and they have taken root;
they grow and bear fruit.
You are always on their lips
but far from their hearts.

I take my ease in the sanctuary to worship at the feet of my Lord Jesus. I am content. But if Jeremiah can ask God about his thinking concerning the prosperous 1%. Then surely, I can ask about the plans he has for me today...not for my sake, but for the sake of those who have a deeper despair than can be satisfied by wealth, power and position.

Thank You my Lord Jesus, for You have revealed to the world, Your light and love and have embraced our hearts receiving our questions with the most tenderest of compassion.


The March Light House


© Copyright 2016 ♫~ Kenword~♫ (UN: kenword101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
♫~ Kenword~♫ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875816