*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/876154-Not-One-Day
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#876154 added March 9, 2016 at 2:53pm
Restrictions: None
Not One Day...
Prompt: Not one day can erase the memory of time. What is your take on this?

--------------------

This sounds like a riddle, at best. I wondered if it were a quote but it isn’t; I checked. The closest is what is written on the 9/11 memorial, and I’ll come to that after what I think the riddle means.

If a riddle: After wondering if this had to do with the daylight savings time, which is only one hour and not a day, I am taking a wild guess: Time is such a great entity that even a highlighted day with lots of events and emotions in it cannot erase or change the infinite-quality of it. Sometimes, we may live decades, but even one special day, as strong as it may be in our memory, cannot outdo the rest of our time. We still have to live through it.

If a quote: In the Memorial Museum, the inscription on the wall in front of the 9/11 victims says, “No day shall erase you from the memory of time.” This is the translation from Latin of The Aeneid “Nulla dies umquam memori vos eximet aevo.” This, however, is said to be inappropriate by the experts of the classics. The word “vos-you” refers to Nisus and Euryalus, the two warrior-lovers who, in an orgy of violence, skewered ambushed soldiers in their sleep. The quote’s context must have slipped the attention of the people who were in charge of the Memorial; on the other hand, it is the good will that counts, and taken in its literal meaning, the quote seems to be appropriate. I doubt, however, that this is what the prompt is about.

Since I can’t come up with anything else, I guess, I’ll know better after I read Megan’s entry. *Smile*

© Copyright 2016 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/876154-Not-One-Day