*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/876710-Happy-St-Patricks-Day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#876710 added March 16, 2016 at 11:42pm
Restrictions: None
Happy St. Patrick's Day
         Erin Go Braugh! Ireland Forever!

         Nobody throws a party like the Irish. Nobody tells jokes about themselves quite like the Irish. And let's not forget the gift of Blarney! If you can jabber on about anything to anybody, you have the gift of Blarney, the gift of speech! (It doesn't have to be edifying.)

         I don't advise drinking green anything unless you like seeing green in the toilet. To have an Irish drink, try the "tan and the dark". It's a mixture of dark stout beer with a light beer (Guinness makes both) but don't stir. Leave them layered in the glass.

         For food, you're not limited to corned beef or potatoes. Remember the country is an island. They love seafood, including jumbo shrimp. There's beef stew and all kinds of lamb. Chicken and pork will also do. Irish soda bread is sort of dry, so you may not like the authentic kind if you're not accustomed to it.

         Don't be afraid of the leprechauns. They will not pinch you if you don't wear green. They are not fashion police. But it does show a little party spirit if you display some green beads or a shamrock pin. It's all in good fun and casts no dishonor on any other nation.It really is a day of friendship and good will.
Happy St. Patrick's Day.

© Copyright 2016 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/876710-Happy-St-Patricks-Day