*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/876730-Time-Travel-and-the-Love-of-Reading
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#876730 added March 17, 2016 at 9:43am
Restrictions: None
Time Travel and the Love of Reading
"Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise"
Day 740 March 17, 2016
Prompt: "There is no enjoyment like reading." Jane Austen With this in mind, what books will you be reading this spring and summer?


I happen to love to read. I used to be an avid reader when I had the time. I loved to read a few chapters by booklight before bed. These days I have to get my literary candy from audio books during my commute each day. Its a far cry from that tangible experience of holding a book and turning the pages but at least in gives me some escape. I'm hoping I can find the time the read more this summer now that my daughter is older and has her own interests. We are also going to the library more regularly now that she is learning to read. I've always been a fan of James Lee Burke's atmospheric, character driven novels. I must admit I'm inclined to lean toward thrillers just as readily, even the darker likes of Joe Hart and Gillian Flynn. Reading is certainly something I miss and hope to make more time for.


"Blogging Circle of Friends "
DAY 1219: March 17, 2016
Can you believe it is already half way through march... ,time really does fly. write me a story about time travel going forward in time without the time travelers ability to stop it.


Science fiction is always a topic I've struggled with and time travel seems to fall squarely in that genre. I admit I feel the affects of relentless passing of time more now as a parent. I find myself wishing I could slow it down just so that I can enjoy a particular phase in my daughter's meteoric path to adulthood. She seems to whip past the milestones faster than I am ready.

© Copyright 2016 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/876730-Time-Travel-and-the-Love-of-Reading