*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/877027-The-Spring-of-Universal-Love
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#877027 added March 21, 2016 at 11:53am
Restrictions: None
The Spring of Universal Love.
Coming in off the heels of another weekend laden with drama...I'm feeling a little rough around the edges. I made a few decisions in the unforgiving dawn hours that should begin to put some distance between me and those family issues that have brought me so much stress and heartache over the last several weeks. I'm hoping that I can think, and write more clearly now without the burdens associated with unburdening myself so to speak...time will tell. After flirting with the idea of taking a break from writing altogether, I reassessed and decided that simply would not do. I'm grateful to those fellow writers and friends and family who encouraged me to abandon the idea to shut it all down. It is good to have support.

Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise
DAY 744 March 21, 2016
Prompt: Imagine yourself loving one person very much, any person, like a parent, a sibling, a child, a mentor, a lover, or a friend. Think of that love as a feeling. Can you apply that same feeling to your community, to everyone you know, to your nation, to the billions of people of the world, no matter what? Can this be possible, ever?


I think it would take a special person to apply that same love they have for a child or parent and make it universally apply to their fellow man. It is a nice thought but I believe fairly difficult unless you are perhaps, the Pope? I would think very few people are capable of the level of universal, unconditional love. Can it be possible ever? I don't see how. In the present stage of affairs, people seem more unified by shared hate and prejudices than by common love. Its sad really, watching the way society seems to be so much more fractured now than at other times in our history.


Blogging Circle of Friends
DAY 2223: March 21, 2016
Prompt: What is the best thing about spring?


This prompt comes after mother nature dropped another 3-4 inches on our dear New England last night, so its harder to be Spring-minded than one might think. For me, I love walking out of the door and seeing the robin's bouncing about the year with their bright red breasts. I love the fresh Spring smell in the air and the budding greens at the base of our trees that signal the new blooms.

© Copyright 2016 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/877027-The-Spring-of-Universal-Love