*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
6
8
9
11
12
13
15
17
18
19
21
22
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/877126
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1935750
Entries for various Blog Challenges.I will be expressing my hopes,dreams and fantasies.
#877126 added March 22, 2016 at 2:07pm
Restrictions: None
Rules Of Grammar
Prompt: Rabindranath Tagore said in Sadhana, "When we come to literature, we find that, though it confirms to the rules of grammar, it is yet a thing of joy: it is freedom itself." How much do you think literature, with fiction or poetry, should stick to the rules of grammar? Or should it, at all?

We need to stick to the rules of grammar. If a word is misspelled, you can over look one word. If too many words are misspelled or the words are out of context, you could miss the message or meaning of the story. You will be like duh? Am I supposed to understand this? What was the author trying to say? Did he waste his time writing his story with misspelled words and grammar issues? One misspelled letter in a word can make a difference. In school, the teachers were big on grammar. Bad grammar makes one seem uneducated. A good writer needs to have good grammar skills. We need to stick to rules of grammar to give the story or a poem a good one and hold a reader's interest. Make no mistake about this.

** Image ID #2077545 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2016 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/877126