*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/877651-Good-News-Today
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#877651 added March 27, 2016 at 11:30pm
Restrictions: None
Good News Today
         Good news! Good news! Good news! I found my Kindle. Well, someone found my Kindle. I had given up. Hunting for it was no longer on my daily to-do list. I had finally admitted to some family members that I had left it somewhere or hid it from myself. I had let the seven year old leave without taxing her memory of it.

         Well, later my brother noticed the two year old down in the family room opening what he thought was an old book. He took a closer look and realized what it was. They got the word up to me that it was downstairs. So I went down and found the girl playing with her "puter" on the day bed. She wouldn't give it to me, but I told her I was glad she had found it and was really relieved. I wondered if it had been in plain sight.

         "Where did you find it?" I queried without chiding. "In that truck." There is a ride-along truck with a storage compartment. Those are good for kids learning to walk and keep their balance. I have found a lot of interesting things in that truck before. I've even added some things to get small toys up off the floor between visits. But it never occurred to me, while I was searching closets, drawers, desks, bookcases, autos, and canvassing doctor offices I had visited with my dad, to search in the toy compartments!

         That narrows down the guilty party for me. The seven year old would not have been on that little truck. I doubt the four year old did it. I never would have suspected the two or three year olds! They think it's a computer, so they play with it like it's a kid's ipad. The boy told me he wants his own "puter".

Kids. Love 'em. Don't trust 'em.

© Copyright 2016 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/877651-Good-News-Today