*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/877935-Fears-and-Doorknobs
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#877935 added March 31, 2016 at 10:06am
Restrictions: None
Fears and Doorknobs
The creative part of my brain feels strained today. I feel like I've been writing in my head for days only to find I can't transcribe the thoughts to "paper" or electronic ink for that matter. Jumbled up. I've felt jumbled up for weeks on end now. I press myself to keep blogging, the prompts in my inbox are like a personal trainer for the writer muscle in my head. At least I'm writing something as the deadlines sit in my tracker, passing me by one by one. I need to find the time to put some real effort in I fear before I forget how to make a go of this publication thing. For now, I have the prompts at least and my small circle of bloggers that keep me inspired.

"Blogging Circle of Friends "
day 1233: March 31,2016
Fear makes people do crazy,stupid, and sometimes dangerous things. Write me something about your fears.


I've been thinking a lot about fear. I've been dabbling more and more in the horror genres lately. There is a freedom I find in writing about fear because it taps into that vast area of the human mind. Fear isn't bordered by normal constraints because it can make us act irrationally, without pretense. I like that very much. I think a lot about what scares people, what scares me. As a mother I am terrified by the fear of something happening to my family. It makes me a committed helicopter parent. It makes me wary of strangers. It makes me an overprotective beast at times which my daughter may think is stupid but I don't agree. The world is a scary place. So that is one nest of fear in my life that I constantly have to keep in check. The other class of fear consists of things I can't rationalize and yes, these things make me act silly, crazy, stupid and at times, even dangerously. Things like stepping out in the yard at night with the dog, careful not to raise my eyes to the dark woods beyond the house just in case I see something or someone only half concealing themselves behind a tree...or knowing that the minute I step into the shower at night and the dog suddenly erupting into a rabid fit of barking absolutely means there is a mad killer in my home...or living with the understanding that my old house most certainly has a few extra residents of the spectral variety and those residents sometimes like to test the limits of my tolerance. Fear that I will be the only person to really die on Universal's Tower of Terror ride...or that there really is a zombie horde in the making somewhere and I am wholly unprepared for battle...There are so many rich and vivid things to fear!



Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise"
Day 754 March 31, 2016
Sorry this is late. My computer wouldn't let me go to WDC. It is okay now. Prompt: Doorknobs. Write anything you want about these.


Doorknobs....My old house used to have those heavy glass doorknobs on all the doors upstairs. They didn't lock and all stopped working and had to be replaced eventually. It is a 1930's era colonial and changing all those doorknobs out felt like removing an important accessory from a stylish old dame. I think there might be a few still left on closet doors these days. Eventually, they will all have to go I'm sure.

© Copyright 2016 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/877935-Fears-and-Doorknobs