*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/877938-President-and-Constitution-in-the-news
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#877938 added March 31, 2016 at 10:25am
Restrictions: None
President and Constitution in the news
The United States Electoral College is the institution that elects the President and Vice President of the United States every four years. Citizens of the United States do not directly elect the president or the vice president; From: Wikipedia about the Constitution of the USA.

Fairy playing a flute



The present struggle about the supreme court nomination is seated in the constitutional language. The words advise and consent are being used to delay the Presidential nomination until a new President is elected. The constitution was written with checks and balances so no particular branch of the USA government has too much power. The struggle starts within when one group believes certain ideas over another group and when those groups both reside within the elected body that is housing the argument. The government was built to go through these types of struggles.

1. The President nominates a candidate
2. The Senate Judiciary Committee holds a series of hearings. (They were televised the last time.)
3. Within the hearings Questions are asked.
A. The candidate answers
B. Witnesses answer
4. The Senate Judiciary Committee votes to send the nomination to the full US Senate.
5. If the Senate confirms the President formally appoints the candidate to the court.

Just put this up because this is the way the 2016 is going and it gives me a basis of thought about news article.

Have a great day. It is raining here so I guess I'll read. This book is a Hoot!
















apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/877938-President-and-Constitution-in-the-news