*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878086
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1313678
You will find Taylor Swift, women items and everything under the sun.
#878086 added April 1, 2016 at 1:53pm
Restrictions: None
March Was National Women Month
Last month was National Women Month. Wytch shared some videos of women singing songs from the 1960.

Dolly Patron's song: "My Mistakes Are No Worse Then Yours Just Because A Woman." This song is about men ruing a good girl's reputation and men can do what ever they want with a woman and it's okay? No. It isn't. I learned a lot about men and how they can be bad. I learn to leave them a lone and fins a nice man.

There was a video about "The Harper Valley PTA". I remember this song was putting down a single mother and how she raised her daughter. Saying she was a tramp. She goes to the PTA Meeting and exposed the teachers and school staff's secrets and referred to it as Peyton Place. I was in Junior High and this bought back a lot of memories. I was going to Junior High in Tennessee and we had two teachers Mr. and Mrs. Harper. We would sing this song in Mrs. Harper's class and she would tell us to be still. We would ask if Mr. Harper was behaving. She would tell us he was and just learn our science assignment.

Leslie Gore's song: "You Don't Own Me" was on this Play List. I always loved Leslie Gore and men shouldn't own us.

Helen Reddy's "I Am Woman." This is a woman's song and what we stand for. We can do anything and are invincible. What a beautiful reminder! This was considered a Women Lib's Song. As for men, deal with it. We have earned our place! We have paid the price and look how much we have gained. We are invincible. We can roar like Katie Perry's song: "You're Gonna Hear Me Roar!"

I couldn't help but think of Karen Carpenter and her sweet singing voice. She sang about love and men weren't always fair and still aren't.

Hillary Clinton is running for President. Is she the right woman for the job? I don't know. Hillary is giving it a shot and you have to admire her for trying.

I have wrote about women on here all through history and we have made history. I think women can just keep going soaring to the top. We deserve to be noticed. Like Oprah and Martha Stewart. I would like to be like Martha Stewart.

This is my take on women. I didn't do anything special for Women's Month. Glad there is a month that belong to women.

** Image ID #2059687 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2016 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878086