*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878087-Lists-Day-1-The-iPod-Shuffle-Quiz
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #2072393
The catch-all for items related to and/or inspired by the music that shaped me.
#878087 added April 1, 2016 at 1:59pm
Restrictions: None
Lists, Day 1: The iPod Shuffle Quiz.
Ok...I'm a sucker for lists. I make them, I forget them, I make more of them, I ignore them. Fran 💜 💜 💜 had what I thought was a wonderful idea-within-an-idea during StoryKids Week with List Mania, and now Elle's taking her list-making to the masses with "Invalid Item. I can't not be a part of something like this! I'm kinda a closet list nerd anyway...I have notebooks somewhere, I'm sure, full of lists I made for one reason or another. If I'm desperate enough, maybe I'll try to dig them out.

But today...one day in already and I'm finding a way to circumvent the status quo. I will feature something called "The iPod Shuffle Quiz"...it came up recently in discussions somewhere, like "The Soundtrack of Your Life or in Gaby ~ Keeper Of The Realm 's "I Heart WdC Contest. The thoughts are out there, anyway. I've fucked around and done them before, and it's kinda fun for what it is. With this in mind, I'm challenging friends like Cinn , Charlie ~ , music people. I'm gonna add some of my Soundtracker friends like Kit of House Lannister and Choconut ~ House Targaryen as well. Elle - on hiatus , Nixie Martell cheerleader , Dragon is hiding , pinkbarbie, Lyn's a sly fox , Brother Nature , ~Minja~ , lizco252, In Your Dirtiest Pants , anyone else (if I forgot to tag you, my bad...I can't remember you all). Get in on this! It's easy and fun.

The point is to turn on your music, however you listen to it, and set it on shuffle. Copy/Paste the thing into your entry field. The answer to each question is the song that comes up. You're not supposed to cheat and keep hitting *Buttonforward* but hey, no one's judging you if you do, and sometimes a song with a really dumb title pops up at the most awkward of times. Do what makes you happy, share a few tunes, have a good laugh, and be fun with it! That's all.

The iPod Shuffle Quiz

Your favorite thing to say when drunk is...
Song: Morphine
Artist: Moist
Comment: "Yes" is always the best answer when it's offered. Off to a great start. *Laugh*

Your biggest fear….
Song: Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness
Artist: Smashing Pumpkins
Comment: Too close to home, iTunes.

Your deepest secret...
Song: They're Red Hot
Artist: Red Hot Chili Peppers
Comment: What a let down, I guess...if you were dying to know something.

Your innermost desire...
Song: Street Carp
Artist: Deftones
Comment: Truly. *Ha*

The best thing about you is…
Song: Again
Artist: Alice In Chains
Comment: Maybe so. Maybe not. *Smirk*

Where would you rather be right now?
Song: Never There
Artist: Cake
Comment: Truth, iTunes.

If you found yourself lost on a desert island, you'd yell...
Song: Please Don't Tell Me How The Story Ends
Artist: Sammy Davis Jr.
Comment: Better off not knowin', I guess.

You are happiest when…
Song: Puppets
Artist: Atmosphere
Comment: Dude...Muppets make everything better, right?

One of your biggest regrets is….
Song: Sure Shot (European B-boy mix)
Artist: Beastie Boys
Comment: A blessing and a curse I guess, depending on the situation.

What couldn’t you live without?
Song: Messiah Ward
Artist: Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds
Comment: Gotta end up somewhere, I guess. *Laugh*

Right now, your feelings are...
Song: Till The Walls Come Tumblin' Down
Artist: J. Geils Band
Comment: Not accurate, but ok...I can get behind that.

You scream during sex...
Song: Perfect Disguise (BBC Radio Sessions)
Artist: Modest Mouse
Comment: Never have I ever....*Laugh*

What best describes your personality?
Song: Yesterday's Hero
Artist: Bay City Rollers
Comment: I guess, maybe. I suppose.

What will be a big challenge in life for you?
Song: Everything To Nothing
Artist: Manchester Orchestra
Comment: Kinda surreal.

The best advice you’ve ever gotten is…
Song: Slow Ride
Artist: Beastie Boys
Comment: "I got the trees on my mirror so my car won't smell." Live it, love it, be it. *Ha*

What do you say when life gets tough?
Song: The Night Is Young And You're So Beautiful
Artist: Frank Sinatra
Comment: The easy way out. *Wink*

What do you avoid if possible?
Song: The Trial
Artist: Pink Floyd
Comment: Don't ask the questions you don't wanna hear the answers to.

Will you ever become manically depressed in your life?
Song: Choking The Cherry
Artist: Poe
Comment: Had this song stuck in my head for no reason recently. If I wonder about the relevance, I'll hamstring myself.

Your life's soundtrack should be….
Song: Twice As Hard
Artist: The Black Crowes
Comment: Somewhat fitting.

Where will you be in 25 years?
Song: Don't Fade On Me
Artist: Tom Petty
Comment: I guess it's not really about me then, is it? *Smirk*

Your farewell message to the readers of this:
Song: Footsteps
Artist: Pearl Jam
Comment: It was you! It was you.


Well, that was fun, and kinda cathartic. I did minimal shuffling...I'm kinda proud of myself for that, instead of just filling out responses to my tastes. Wonder how my iPod Classic would've responded...there's different music on that because I can't figure out how to cross-sync them. Oh well...one day down, 29 more to go. Bring it on! Share your music player's interests! Let's get some love up in here for the technology that kinda defines and owns us.

My lists, continuing on, won't be so long or subjective, I promise. They'll just be...lists.

© Copyright 2016 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878087-Lists-Day-1-The-iPod-Shuffle-Quiz