*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878147-Imagination
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#878147 added April 2, 2016 at 11:49am
Restrictions: None
Imagination
What have you done recently to grow your imagination? If the answer is "nothing," when did you stop trying to grow your imagination?

===================

To tell the truth, I didn’t do anything consciously, ever, for the spurring of my imagination. (It figures!) The concept didn’t even occur to me. *Laugh* The way I saw it, imagination IS and that’s that.

Dictionary.com defines imagination as: “the faculty of imagining, or of forming mental images or concepts of what is not actually present to the senses.” To do that, I guess, opening oneself to many experiences would help, so a person, through analogy, can use this type of thinking.

Imagination, however, happens on its own from birth on, if parents do NOT stand in the way of its development. Funny thing is, first parents try to shape a child and hinder him, then act in ways to encourage his imagination. There are tons of articles on encouraging a child’s imagination. Weird! Just exposing the child to many experiences and not standing in his way would work in a much better way on its own.

Coming back to me, throughout my life, I had numerous and wide-ranging experiences, and in early adulthood on, I traveled a lot and experienced several different cultures and languages. In addition, I am a big reader and I’m curious about most anything. I hope all that has helped, but I can’t be sure, can I! *Laugh*

© Copyright 2016 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878147-Imagination