*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878438-The-Sliver-of-Gray
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#878438 added April 5, 2016 at 10:19am
Restrictions: None
The Sliver of Gray
"Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise"
DAY 759 April 5. 2016
Prompt: What are the examples of inner conflict in a main character that you can come up with? List them.


I don't think I've ever written a main character that wasn't conflicted in some tragic way. I've had a female vigilante, torn between her quest of justice and her own fragile moral code. I've had a mousy introvert take a job working for a Dominatrix and spend her days both tormented and strangely compelled by her bosses relationships to sin and lust. I've even had an angel tempted by a demon. I'm always drawn to the dichotomy inside, the thin line between light and darkness. I like exploring the limits, the silver of gray between what redeems and what condemns.


"Blogging Circle of Friends "
DAY 1238 April 5, 2016
Prompt: Oops, Let's talk about a toy you broke as a child.


My favorite toy from my childhood

I can recall, with a painful clarity, my favorite toy from my childhood. It was a bath toy from the 70's, a floating replica of Gilligan's Island complete with plastic figures of the Captain, Gilligan, Maryann and Ginger and the Professor. Designed for play both in the bath and out, I carted this thing everywhere with me. I spent a lot of time at my grandmother's house and so it was inevitable it would end up there with me. I remember playing with it under the huge tree in her yard and having the idea occur to me that I should bury the characters. I did, of course, because I was a foolish kid. Then, after digging close to ten different holes, I still hadn't found them again. It was time to go home. Those plastic characters with their painted smiles and black-dotted eyes were lost to the ages...even the lovely little Maryann who had been my favorite. I can't image what had possessed me to do it to this day.

© Copyright 2016 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878438-The-Sliver-of-Gray