*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878516-Living-With-Books
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#878516 added April 5, 2016 at 11:41pm
Restrictions: None
Living With Books
         Everybody has a story. Not everybody can tell it very well. That's where writers come in. They ask the right questions. They listen. They tell other people's stories, sometimes entwined with their own.

         And no, there are not too many books. Reading is a wonderful thing. The rich celebrity teen who told the reporter that there are no good books to read so she writes her own is sadly mistaken. It's good that she wants to write, but she's misguided. She hasn't lived long enough to read all the books out there. She doesn't know what rich jewels are on the library shelves and are still being written by people other than herself. With her, it's ego. No one has anything to say as important as what dances around in her head. She's missing out.

         I found some "pins" I liked. One goes: "When I die, I'll probably be lying near a pile of books I was planning to read." Another said, "I know I have books I haven't read yet, but I have to buy more." And, "I want my children to think their only decorating options are more bookcases."

         Books, stories, poems. We have to have them. How would we escape, dream, or hope without them? They are vital to our well-being. I have seldom seen a movie do a book justice. Books can take us where we can never go without them.

© Copyright 2016 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878516-Living-With-Books