*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878701-Promethazine
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#878701 added April 8, 2016 at 8:56am
Restrictions: None
Promethazine
Food Log for Thursday
7:00am 2 pt, coffee
7:30am 2 pt, half English muffin w/ham and cheese
10:00am 2 pt, half Zone Perfect bar
2:00pm 7 pt, skinny roast beef sammich
4:30pm 3 pt, Cheetos
6:00pm ??? El Vaquero: cup Azteca soup, Guatalajara salad, and uncounted tortilla chips that weren't even that good.

Total pts so far: 16+??? pt
Target pts per day: 27-30 pt

I had a cold in January, and the cough lingers still. I think I got a new bug last week, and the cough suddenly got worse again.

Fri:
I played at Potbelly Polaris. I left my gear set up to save time on Sat.

Sat:
I coughed all through praise band practice, so I called out sick at Potbelly.
Keith took me to urgent care, and I got a prescription cough syrup.

Sun:
I went to church, but felt lightheaded. Told the band I was on promethazine, and Wes (who's a cop in addition to an amateur electric guitarist) said, "You know that's a narcotic, right?" and demanded to see my pupils. I ended up lying on a couch outside the sanctuary mumbling instructions to my group that they couldn't hear, like, "sing MELODY, Rachel!" I taught youth praise band practice (and discovered my almighty influence over the kids when all I had to do was raise both hands for the room - full of a dozen 7-to-12-year-olds with a variety of musical instruments in their hands - fell utterly silent.) Then I went home and slept from 1pm until 7am Monday morning, with a brief 7pm dinner break.

Mon:
As much as I wanted to stay home and sleep all day, I had to teach that night, and nobody was available to sub. I worked from 3:40pm - 9:00pm.

Tue:
I stayed home and mostly slept, though I worked on my "Lists! for Elle's Lists! activity just for fun. I had no trouble sleeping through the night despite sleeping on and off all day, which means I'm either legitimately sick, or that's one kick-ass narcotic.

Wed:
Since I left my gear set up in Potbelly Polaris on Friday and then called out sick on Saturday, I had no gear when I tried to play at Potbelly Reynoldsburg yesterday. Oops. All I had was my guitar, so I had to sing with no microphone (I screamed for two hours, which felt great on my throat. See: "sick" and "cough meds.") I loaned my capo to Wes Sunday and have no idea what I did with it when he gave it back, so I had to sing things lower than usual, which is hard to hear (see: "no microphone.") And the WiFi kept dropping, so I had to play from memory and remember songs that specifically don't need a capo and which are in good keys for screaming. (see "screamed for two hours.")

After that, I went to work in Gahanna for a staff meeting, and I was supposed to go to Polaris afterwards to teach. I found a sub and went home instead. I felt like a fraud when I left Gahanna to come home because I had high energy, but Wes informs me that promethazine has conflicting effects: it both wires you and knocks you out. And, damn it, I want to kick this cough! Teaching for two hours is not conducive to kicking a cough. So I let my students down and sent them a sub.

Thu:
This morning, I woke up determined to drop the meds and get back to life. I came downstairs and broke into a coughing fit while prepping the coffee.

....I took the promethazine. *Rolleyes*

Peace and *Sleeping*,
Michelle


Cheers,
Michelle



© Copyright 2016 BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878701-Promethazine