*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878839-April-Prompt-11
by Jen~
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2073596
Blog for this groups entries~will probably be rather interesting!~
#878839 added April 8, 2016 at 4:23pm
Restrictions: None
April Prompt #11
11) What was/is your worst job?

Ahhhh.....I would have to say it was when I was about 15 and I worked at Subway....I did not mind the making of the subs or even the daily duties...what I hated was that I was 15...had my first serious boyfriend who was 18....and was leading a pretty cool life at the moment....BUT I could NOT handle the fact that I daily had the lingering smell of lunch meat stuck to me...no matter how much I washed my body and hair...washed my uniforms daily....I always smelled like a big freaking cold cut....um yea...having my first serious boyfriend meant I was making out and all that fun crap...I am pretty sure that the scent of a fresh piece of turkey or ham, was NOT a turn on...I tried every damn body soap and shampoo I could to try to find something that would help....nope...I was a big ol' walking foot long smelling thing...then I saw how some of the foods that I loved there came packaged and it just kind of made me wanna NOT work there anymore...I finally had to quit...and what sucks is that my boyfriend and my best friend and other people kept insisting that the smell was really not as strong as I thought it was...and now looking back I am sure they were right...but I was battling mental illness about that time of my life and was untreated and uneducated...so I basically made myself paranoid and to feel like the smell was stronger then it really was....I even remember trying back then to get my mom to take me to the doctor because I KNEW there was trouble brewing deep within the dwelling of my mind....but I was told that mental illness is not real, it was all in my head and to just snap out of it and move on. So I was left untreated....which as you can see...lead me to quit a decent job for really no reason. Ugh...I wish that I had been listened to, heard...and that I could have gotten help then...maybe if so I would not be as bad as I am now....

So even though the job was not a horrible one...it was for sure my least favorite one....and gee gosh golly...I am sure you can understand why LoL!!~

© Copyright 2016 Jen~ (UN: jen2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jen~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878839-April-Prompt-11