*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878933-April-Prompt-17
by Jen~
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2073596
Blog for this groups entries~will probably be rather interesting!~
#878933 added April 9, 2016 at 4:09pm
Restrictions: None
April Prompt #17
17) If you have children, what’s your favorite thing to do with them? If you don’t, what’s your favorite thing to do with a sibling or friend?

I do have children...I have 3 actually. I have a daughter who is almost 19 years old, a son who is 15 years old and another daughter who is almost 13 years old.

My favorite thing to do with them has ALWAYS been sitting and talking to them...especially one on one time...and especially has they have all gotten older...I believe that it IS ok to be your childs friend as long as you are still a parent too.....so my kids and I have VERY open and honest relationships...they know that they can talk to me about ANYTHING and they do...

I have made sure...that even though my mental and physical issues HAVE been apparent while I have raised them....that they understood them and that there ARE things that I cannot control....and they have grown up with total acceptance of it all.

I have also made sure that no matter what else they have learned from me, no matter what I have taught them or instilled into them that I have raised them to be independent...I have allowed them to make their own decisions (within limitations)..I have let them become who THEY want to be...I have shown them that when they believe in something they need to stand up for it, even if they are standing alone...because in truth...they will never have to stand alone because no matter what I will always be by there side supporting them.

The most important thing that I have made sure that my kids know is this....there has never and will never ever be a time in their life where they will ever have to question if I love them or support them because they know that it does not matter what they do in life..even if I may not agree with it...I will still support them always and love them with all that I am....

I have made this such a important thing with them because I do not want them to have to feel or be like how I am....almost 38 years old and I KNOW my mom does not support anything in my life....and I also not only wonder if she loves me but I wonder is she ever has loved me like a true mother is supposed to love their child...I am told by her that "Technically I am her biological daughter"....to me that says she only considers me a daughter because in the sense that yes she gave birth to me...she is not very nice of a person and the way that she makes me feel is destructive to me....and I refuse to EVER make my kids have to feel or question this about me as I do about my biological mother...

And what is best..is that they DO know this...they see how my mom treats and talks to me and they hate it....it a way my mothers poor parenting has made me and my kids have a stronger and closer bond....Just as it should be!

Gift from a wonderful friend!

© Copyright 2016 Jen~ (UN: jen2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jen~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878933-April-Prompt-17