*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/879165-I-Told-you-So
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#879165 added April 11, 2016 at 10:45pm
Restrictions: None
I Told you So
I have bad dreams... plagued with them, I am. Can't wait to awaken so they evaporate from my recollection like those "dews and damps" referred to in the Battle Hymn of the Republic.

Have you ever read those words? The woman who wrote the lyrics was really on a roll.

However, occasionally I have a dream that's so wonderful, I hate for it to end. They are usually about my wife. In these cases I dread waking up, knowing that her smile will vanish into that fog of chaos whence dreams bubble and belch from their inexplicable cosmic pool.

This evening I flew one of my quad-copters.... known to many as "Drones." My four-fifty has a wobble I can't seem to correct. Dustin built it for me and when he saw my orientation difficulties, added some blue and red LED lights so I could see what tangent it was headed off on.

I have been slow learning how to fly radio controlled aircraft. I gave up on helicopters, have enjoyed some success with the quads and get by flying the airplanes. However, I don't have the "gift" for flight that some do. I'm glad my vision was not perfect or I might have been tempted to apply for flight school... an endeavor I would most certainly have failed at. I'm a slow learner and tend to catch on to things long after those around me have departed for the next level.

Still, I shouldn't complain. I got dealt some good cards and played my hand good enough to put food on the table. What more could I ask?

I listen to political commentary and today finally heard somebody define what is at stake in the upcoming election. In the next ten years it will be decided if the future of this country will take the road of Capitalism or Socialism. I won't live to see the consequences. I think I'll have the words, "I Told you So" written on my tombstone.




© Copyright 2016 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/879165-I-Told-you-So