*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/879190-Starstruck-and-Self-Forgiving-April-12th
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#879190 added April 12, 2016 at 8:46am
Restrictions: None
Starstruck and Self-Forgiving April 12th
"Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise"
766 April 12, 2016
Prompt: What do you think self-compassion means?


In the purest sense I believe self-compassion means having compassion for yourself, being able to forgive yourself. I think it can be pretty difficult to do. There are times when I am very hard on myself and my litany of excuses I use. Then there are the moments when I need to take a moment and consider my true feelings...and then accept them. Its a much easier thing to have compassion for others, to excuse behavior, to empathize with another person. We can more easily say, "I know what you must be feeling" to someone else, rather than be understanding with ourselves in my opinion.


"Blogging Circle of Friends "
DAY 1245 April 12, 2016
http://www.thefactsite.com/category/celebrities
Do you ever look up information about celebrities? Do you believe their lives are really that entertaining or is what we read the work of a good publicist to promote them? I've included a link of some examples.
Have you ever fantasized about being a celebrity yourself?


Other than daydreaming about seeing my book on the New York Times Best Seller List, the lure of celebrity doesn't much appeal to me *GoLucky*
I imagine their lives are easy in many ways in the sense that wealth make things more accessible. I don't think I would appreciate giving up my anonymity or my freedom though. There is a lot of life you can live in the simple moments; a jog in the wee hours of morning, an hour browsing in a book store, shopping farmer's markets in the summer, attending a child's play...that I think would be difficult for any major celebrity to enjoy in the same way. When you live in the limelight, people feel they have a open pass to judge you - that you life should be completely open access because you are famous. In my line of work, I've dealt with a few celebrities on and off over the years when they've needed our services. Its easy to see the ones who haven't sold out their soul to the Gods of fame, and the ones who have ceased to be anything but their publicist's creations. I've got a lot of respect for those that stay humble, stay true to who they are inside. I have a great appreciation for the stars who give back, who reach out.

© Copyright 2016 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/879190-Starstruck-and-Self-Forgiving-April-12th