*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/879456-Food-Fun
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#879456 added April 15, 2016 at 1:48pm
Restrictions: None
Food Fun
Friday April 15 - Self Help Blogger - Be creative. What does everyone need a little help with?

Cook up a storm. Or better yet find food you like.


I think people need some new ideas about eating. One of the things that really irritates me is the food advertisements that occur during evening TV commercial time. We rarely eat her after 6:00 PM. That seems to be when the fast food ad’s start raging. Fast food is called fast for more than one reason. Not only is it put together quickly it is also the fastest way to gain calories. Interestingly excellent dishes of food that are healthy can also be put together quickly if you know how to sling food.

So you might benefit from knowing that you can eat vegetables without knowing you are doing it. For instance here is a chili recipe:

1. A can of tomato soup: It can be any brand you really like. Progresso has a very good tomato soup with real tomato chunks.
Decide how many people are eating and fix enough by increasing the amount of ingredients to suit you. Be brave and inventive. But if you want a large amount for 4 to 5 people double the recipe.
2. A can of kidney beans (or more if you like them) (Use cooked kidney beans they can be toxic if they are not cooked)
3. A can of green beans. (if you don’t like green beans, blend them in a blender before you add them. They are good for you and you won’t even change the flavor of the chili.)
4. Onions, chili powder, and pepper will add flavor. Cook for a several hours in a crock pot. (Hint: pepper makes the sauce hotter, chili powder adds flavor)
This is a quick simple recipe. Serve it with French bread

Sometimes people don’t really like vegetables and don’t know how to serve them. If you do like them fine but many times you are cooking for people who turn up their noses to good food.

Try carrot cake for desert with lots of carrots added.
Cook tofu into foods, no one knows i'ts there but it adds good things your body needs. Other things you can add: 1/4 of a teaspoon of flax meal to a meatloaf. Cumin fights cholesterol and tastes great in meat dishes.

I’ve had a lot of trouble eating egg dishes over the years. One day I found a recipe for scrambled eggs that added fresh spinach and tomato I discovered the eggs did not bother my digestion when cooked with green leafy yummy things. (no I’m not a rabbit) *Rolling*

You have to look at what you eat and what you think you should eat. Sometimes the food you are craving has a reason behind it. Find ways to add vegetables to dishes that normally don’t take vegetables. Meatloaf can benefit from a handful of oatmeal thrown into it. Find ways to add the vegetables or fruits that you need without sacrificing your flavor cravings.

As a matter of fact I use oatmeal instead of bread crumbs to strengthen many dishes. (oatmeal fights cholesterol)

Recipe: Salmon patties

1. A can of salmon or more depending on the amount of people. One can of salmon makes 5 or 6 patties (canned salmon used to come with out the skin attached, the last couple of years cans of salmon have the skin still attached. Peel off the black silvery skin to get a milder cleaner flavor)
2. One egg causes the meat to form better patties that stick together.
3. A handful of oatmeal (about 1/2 cup) (a can of well drained carrots blended to a mush can be added not necessary unless you are looking for the addition of vegetables)
Heat olive oil in a pan drop in patties cover while cooking (you can add a pat of butter to the olive oil as it heats for flavor if it suits you) brown well on both sides be sure the center gets cooked well because of the egg content.)

Take salt for instance. We need a certain amount of salt intake. Don’t cook salt into dishes because it loses its flavor and you will pour salt on it when you eat the food just for the flavor. This means you are going to get double dosed if you also cook a lot of salt into the food. Also you need to teach yourself to taste real food. Find the tastes of food you like and use them to accent your meals.

Do you like strawberries? Put a couple in a glass of water then stir it up. Throw a few on your salad.

Eat happy it’s fun. *Stop*

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/879456-Food-Fun