*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/879587-A-PUBLIC-LIBRARY
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2079738
These are my works in progress that I haven't finished.
#879587 added April 17, 2016 at 4:05am
Restrictions: None
A PUBLIC LIBRARY
Apr 8 2016

A PUBLIC LIBRARY

All libraries harbour their own treasures and mysteries; their own secrets and well known rumours. Those deep dark imaginings as well as the very beginnings of childhood happiness, all written by wondrous and imaginative minds. The public library in Swann Falls was no exception. It was a lot larger than many would have thought possible for a small town, but many people from the surrounding areas would come to peruse it's shelves. No matter how many times you would visit there would always be something new to discover. The owners were an older couple. No one actually knew how old the pair were, they seemed to be ageless, some people saw them as a lot younger and others saw them as though they were close to death. The building was old and three storeys tall. The ground floor was for the youngest patrons, all manner of children's and young adult books; a playroom and a quiet room with bean bags strewn all over for reading. The second floor was devoted to a plethora of fantasy and sci fi writers, as well as tables for studying and over stuffed armchairs for curling up in. The third floor was pretty much everything else, horror, romance, non fiction, and whatever other genre you could imagine. In the back corner of the room behind a bookcase filled with Stephen King books was a locked door labelled 'Attic'.

Of course there were rumours about the attic,
© Copyright 2016 JubeCube ~ official homeowner! (UN: jubecube at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JubeCube ~ official homeowner! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/879587-A-PUBLIC-LIBRARY