*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/879882-Imagination-and-a-Tribute-to-a-Husband-and-Father
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#879882 added April 20, 2016 at 4:34pm
Restrictions: None
Imagination and a Tribute to a Husband and Father
"Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise"
Day 774 April 20, 2016
Prompt: "Imagination is the only weapon we have against reality." Alice In Wonderland "Bewitched is distorted from reality and nothing is as dull as constant reality." Agnes Moorehead What is your take on this?


I spent a lot fewer days in my imagination these days. To engage my imagination seems to take a concentrated effort now. I think it used to my preferred vehicle for escape as a child. When you grow up and have more responsibilities, its harder to justify daydreaming or sometimes dreaming of any kind. I don't find reality dull but it is not as technicolor vivid as my Wonderland used to be.

"Blogging Circle of Friends "
DAY 1253: April 20, 2016
Prompt: Write a tribute to someone who inspires you. In the the tribute tell why the person inspires you.


There are no shortage of people to admire in my life, and to pick just one is difficult. In these last few years I've watched my husband grow into an amazing father. He has always been a hard worker, one of the hardest working people I've ever met. He would do whatever it took to provide for his family and to make our home a safe and comfortable one. I've watched him tackle home improvement projects on our aged colonial that would make most seasoned contractors cringe. I've witnessed him spend hours routing out a problem, determined to find the solution even if it meant sitting for hours on the kitchen floor surrounded by pieces of mismatched pipe and rusted valves. With very little experienced, he's put up fences, patched walls, refinished floors and built nesting shelves. He's made our home more beautiful and more efficient, project by project. It is in his nature to work hard for us.

My husband, with little experience, grown into an amazing father. He has become a loving and empowering force in our daughter's life. She is his forever princess and he lavishes her with affection. They have similar personalities, more subdued and reserved that other's around them. They can just be quiet together in a way that is very touching. I watch them a lot, sitting together or walking side by side in the woods, and it is very calming and reassuring. I'm very proud of the husband and the father he has become. He continually overachieves, delivers on promises and strives to make this life as full and as rewarding as it can possibly be.

© Copyright 2016 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/879882-Imagination-and-a-Tribute-to-a-Husband-and-Father