*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/880573-Flowers
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#880573 added April 27, 2016 at 2:15pm
Restrictions: None
Flowers
Prompt: "Flowers are the alphabet of angels, whereby they write on the hills and fields mysterious truths." Benjamin Franklin This is beautiful. What are your views on this?

===========================


Beautiful, yes. At least, beautifully said. Much better than the generic, ‘flowers are nice.’

Referred to any old way, angelic or not, flowers cast their perfume and radiance over us wherever they show up. They may sway wildly in the breeze raising their heads from the cracks in the stones or they may stretch like royalty in cultivated beds.

Their "mysterious truths" must have something to do with offering consolation and delight as well as generating a great respect for the Higher Power's skills of creation. Who wouldn’t want to stroll among the flowers and dream of the splendor of everything nice and meaningful? (“Tiptoe through the tulips” is teasing my mind now and it might stick through the rest of the day. *Laugh*)

If flowers could walk, they would rush near and wrap us in their arms to ease our fatigue, but like all things lovely, they expect us to go to them, to grow and take care of them, so in return, they can adorn our lives and make our survival on this planet more enjoyable.


just when you thought
you were remote, standoffish
I moved closer
and you greeted me
with a luminous burst of colors



© Copyright 2016 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/880573-Flowers