*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/880797-Last-Words
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#880797 added April 29, 2016 at 1:39pm
Restrictions: None
Last Words
Prompt: What are the best last words ever? Like for instance Rhett Butler's priceless last words to Scarlett O'Hara. "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!" Share with us the ones that left a lingering impression with you.

====================


I don't know and can't judge what the best last words ever are, but here are a few that have impressed me.

Let’s begin with good old Leonardo da Vinci. “I have offended God and mankind because my work did not reach the quality it should have.” Modesty? Wow! But then, don’t we all wish to have done a lot more?

The same sentiment is reflected by Cecil John Rhodes, the British businessman in South Africa: "So little done, so much to do."

Groucho Marx: “This is no way to live!” He had to be funny even at last breath. No way anyone can top his good sense of humor.

Emily Dickinson: “I must go in, for the fog is rising.” I keep wondering what she was experiencing. Was it visual or was it again her way of wording everything?

Then another one I wonder about what it was he was experiencing is Steve Jobs. According to his sister, he exclaimed: "Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow."

I hope I get to say the same thing: "Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow." I surmise, however, that I’ll say: “Writing.com…sorry to leave you!”




© Copyright 2016 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/880797-Last-Words