*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/881703-Daniel
by Angel
Rated: E · Book · Mystery · #2083173
Short Stories
#881703 added May 9, 2016 at 8:27pm
Restrictions: None
Daniel
The dark that night was total, the streetlights dimmed as Carla made her way home after her shift at the local restaurant. She was looking forward to seeing her boyfriend again, he'd been away on business and she'd missed him; he'd texted her earlier to say he'd arrived home and he would cook later. She began reminiscing as to how they met; both caught the same train for months, never talking, but both noticing each other. Carla would purposely look out of the window and watch the world go by trying to avoid any eye contact with Daniel. Inevitably, though they began to talk and a friendship developed, she discovered that he was the star salesman in a company in London and she revealed that she was the manager of a restaurant, it turned out, not far from where Daniel worked. Their relationship developed and now here they were, living together in London.

It was as she turned into her gate, she realised the house was in darkness, had Daniel gone to bed, he'd been in Paris for three days and only flown back this afternoon perhaps he'd been tired. She let herself in, she flipped the light switch, went down the hall and into the living room, she knew then something was wrong! There was broken glass on the floor, there was no sign of Daniel; upstairs drawers were ransacked but the house was empty. Where could Daniel have gone, did he do this, or had someone come into their house and taken him? Maybe he was hiding somewhere, his phone was there, so there was no way for him to contact her, but surely then he would have contacted the police. All these things went through her mind as she dialled the emergency services to report him missing.

300 Words


© Copyright 2016 Angel (UN: angelglory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/881703-Daniel