*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/881972-The-Change
by Angel
Rated: E · Book · Mystery · #2083173
Short Stories
#881972 added May 12, 2016 at 2:02pm
Restrictions: None
The Change

What the hell is going on, I can't believe what I'm seeing, it's gone, I went to bed last night, a regular bachelor and I woke up this morning different. I set the alarm before going to sleep, everything was intact then, but today it's missing. I do however have somewhat of an addition, two in fact. For goodness sake, how do I explain to people that I went to bed as a man and I woke up as a woman? I still feel like a man, what did I have to drink last night?

Perhaps I should pinch myself, ouch! Nope, that didn't work, thought I might still be asleep. Perhaps I should look again, I might have just been hallucinating; No! Not a hallucination, not my imagination, not asleep, so how?

Oh! Surely not... that guy in the pub, he was a great entertainer, he could give it all that all right. He said he knew how we could get into the mind of a woman, he knew how we could find out exactly what it was like to be a woman, so we could understand them. I have to phone Phil!

Phil, are you ok, you sound funny, calm down, yes I know, I sound funny too, I know I'm the same. Have you spoken to Doug or Jimmy yet? Shall I ring them so we can all meet up, Doug may know what to do, he knew that guy, what do you mean what guy? The guy who did this to us, the one who said we would be able to understand women, oh! You don't remember anything from last night, well I do, we have to find him so he can undo whatever it is he's done to us. Look, yes I know your head hurts, so does mine, but we need to focus; you phone Jimmy and I'll phone Doug, tell Jimmy we'll meet at the café at twelve ok!

Doug, hi, how are you, you sound like you! I know you should sound like you, except today I wasn't expecting you to sound like you. Why are you laughing, Doug, stop laughing and tell me what's going on, look, just meet us at the café at twelve and you can explain whatever it is you find so funny then.

I arrived first, then Jimmy, well I assumed it was Jimmy, it was someone wearing his clothes, sort of, he definitely got a few odd looks, as had I when I came in. I've ordered for us all Jimmy, here comes Doug and Phil. Doug was the same guy he had been the day before, Phil of course, like the rest of us, was trying his hardest to pull off a female look in male clothing, and not surprisingly, it wasn't working. Doug was the only one with a smile on his face, the others were looking at Doug as if he had all the answers.

Here's your Cappuccino Doug, now spill the beans, so to speak, what's going on, do you know what's happened to us and if we can reverse it. Also, how come it didn't affect you? Doug spoke quietly, I've been through it before, so I asked David not to work his magic on me, but I thought it would be an opportunity for you all to be women for twenty-four hours, that's as long as it lasts then you're back to normal again. Ask yourself this how often have you managed to infiltrate the women's inner circle, the places where they share their biggest secrets, well now you have a chance, it may be a small window but it's a window nevertheless, you should get out there and give it a go, stop whining in here and go and learn something new and really important. This could change your life!


© Copyright 2016 Angel (UN: angelglory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/881972-The-Change