*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882676-Unpredictable-Science
by Angel
Rated: E · Book · Mystery · #2083173
Short Stories
#882676 added May 21, 2016 at 11:10am
Restrictions: None
Unpredictable Science
This strange day started out as a very normal day, work had been hard as usual but I was looking forward to a night out with the girls, Jen, and Daley. We'd known each other forever but it was so difficult to find the time to just chill together now with all of us having such high-powered jobs. However, tonight that's exactly what we were going to do. We started out at the local bar and progressed to the nightclub, now I wasn't drinking because I was the designated driver; this often happened, as I wasn't a great drinker and didn't need alcohol to have a good time. Therefore, at the end of the evening, I dropped off Jen at her amazing apartment and then set off to take Daley home. Daley was a scientist who had so many theories and ideas in her head that most of the time you took what she said and forgot about it.

This night, however, was different, she was fairly drunk, and as we travelled she started telling me about a time portal she had in her house, she kept saying that she could get me a man, a wonderful man with a fantastic car. She said, don't you remember Roger, I did, who could forget Roger, cute, fun, treated all the girls amazingly. She said he was from the time portal; I, of course, didn't believe her, she'd just had too much to drink or maybe she was having some sort of breakdown.

We arrived at her home, it was old, the kind of old that makes you want to shoot a horror movie there. She invited me in, I really wanted to go home, it was late, but she was a friend after all and she might need putting to bed the state she was in.

She led me to an old leather sofa, insisting that she wasn't mad and asked me to wait while she set up the equipment; she explained that things or people didn't always come through, it was something about suction and whether it opened up in a place, where somebody happened to be.

I decided to wait, thinking now, that I was just as crazy as she was; however when there came a strange sound to my right I got really nervous, then, there it was a multi-coloured swirling mist in the middle of this room. My eyes were struggling to adjust to what I was seeing, but it was what happened next that convinced me I had to be hallucinating. I had hoped that if it was true then at the very least a good looking man would come through this portal; I could hear a change in the sound that was emanating from whatever it was and I could see something beginning to emerge.

I held my breath, by this time, really believing that this was what Daley had said it was, and that I had the chance at getting another Roger, but I was so shocked when I saw what, or should I say who came through, it was Noddy and his car.

You heard right, Noddy, he seemed so happy to be here, why, he didn't even know where here was. I looked at Daley and she shrugged, I did say it's difficult to know what's going to come through. I'm holding out hope for a better result the next time. We've settled Noddy into the perfect job for him, surprise, entertaining children, and the fun thing is that they have no idea that he's the real deal.



© Copyright 2016 Angel (UN: angelglory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882676-Unpredictable-Science