*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/883122
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2079738
These are my works in progress that I haven't finished.
#883122 added May 26, 2016 at 11:52pm
Restrictions: None
It was her thirteenth birthday
May 7 2016

It was her thirteenth birthday

It was her thirteenth birthday but it wasn't a happy one. She had no idea where she was. Her hands were bound behind her back. She was blindfolded and could hear footsteps shuffling around her, then they stopped behind her. The blindfold was lifted from her eyes. She saw a cupcake with white frosting, a solitary pink candle was lit. The flame flickered gently.

"Blow out your candle." The male voice was warm and gentle. "Come on Angel, it's your birthday, time to blow out the candle. You cannot age up till you have your cake." He let her hands out of the bonds. She leant forward and blew out the candle. The man plucked the candle out of the cupcake. "Eat Angel." With shaking hands she reached out and carefully picked up the cupcake. "It'll be the best tasting cupcake you have ever had."

She bit into the cupcake, the frosting was sweet and the cake moist. There was a strange tangy flavor but she continued to eat it for fear of what might happen if she didn't. She looked up at the man who had moved to sit in a chair across from her. His eyes were glued to her. She quickly looked away, not wanting him to see the tears forming in her eyes. She ate slowly, taking as much time as she could. She knew what was coming once she finished and she was beyond scared.
© Copyright 2016 JubeCube ~ official homeowner! (UN: jubecube at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JubeCube ~ official homeowner! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/883122