*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/883219
by ruwth
Rated: E · Book · Religious · #1698995
A glimpse into the MOST important relationship in my life!
#883219 added May 28, 2016 at 7:16pm
Restrictions: None
Choose whom you will serve...
Choose whom you will serve...

Joshua 14-17a(KJV) Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD.

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

And the people answered and said, God forbid that we should forsake the LORD, to serve other gods;

For the LORD our God, He it is that brought us up and our fathers out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.


Here Joshua is encouraging the Israelites to serve God, to chose God.

Each and every day, we also must choose. We choose what we believe. We choose whose rules we live by. We choose what we stand for. We choose what we are willing to die for. We choose whom we serve.

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.



~ ~ ~ JESUS is LORD! ~ ~ ~
© Copyright 2016 ruwth (UN: ruwth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ruwth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/883219