*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/884699-Summer-Jobs
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#884699 added June 15, 2016 at 12:14pm
Restrictions: None
Summer Jobs
Prompt: What was your worst summer job? What was your best summer job?

----------------

Summer jobs, especially for teens, enhance the sense of belonging as active members of society and boost their self-esteem as individuals. They also teach the management of money, no matter on how small a scale.

As for me, all my summer jobs were centered around tutoring. I was pretty good in school. One classmate’s younger sister was having trouble with a few of her subjects. After I tutored her during the summer so she could take the make-up exams later, she passed every one of them and with good to great grades. After that, lots of people brought their kids to me. I didn’t have to work anywhere else until I finished school. I also had a stint with working in the library part time one summer. Nothing was bad or too good about all these jobs. I enjoyed them as they were rather cushy, and I learned a thing or two while doing them.

I kinda wish, though, I would have taken other jobs like a sales clerk, fast-food worker, etc. I would learn about and understand the business world better. Possibly as the result of that, I am terrible at selling anything. In fact, selling scares me. I, therefore, encouraged my kids to work in different places during their formative years, and one of them turned out to be very good with sales of any kind in an ethical way.

© Copyright 2016 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/884699-Summer-Jobs